- We clean and cut our vegetables into cubes. Be careful to remove the spores from the tomato.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, leek, celery, carrot and mushrooms. Saute for 7-8 minutes, until they sweat (not take on color).
- Add the pulp and continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes. Then add the sugar, the coarsely chopped tomatoes, as well as the broth.
- Cover the pot and cook for 35 minutes or until all our vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat and strain the vegetables keeping the liquids from the pot in a bowl. Place the vegetables in portions in the blender together with a little liquid and mash them until they become a uniform cream.
- Put the soup back in the pot and simmer on low heat for 3-4.
- Serve the soup in a deep dish with a tablespoon of yogurt in the center and sprinkle with olive oil, croutons and a little chopped basil
6 large ripe peeled tomatoes
1/4 cup Aegis Gourmet Evoo
1 chopped onion
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 chopped carrot
1 piece of chopped leek
1 sprig of chopped celery
5-6 white mushrooms in slices
1 tbsp. tomato paste
500 g of chicken broth
1 tbsp. sugar
freshly ground pepper
1 cup of yogurt